in

Tennis Player Peng Shuai Not Seen Since Making Assault Allegations

Tennis Player Peng Shuai Not Seen Since Making Assault Allegations


On Sunday, Nov. 14, the Women’s Tennis Association’s chair and chief executive, Steve Simon, told The New York Times, “We’ve received confirmation from several sources, including the Chinese Tennis Association, that she is safe and not under any physical threat.”

However, he also said no one associated with the WTA Tour had been able to reach the athlete directly to confirm her status, adding, “My understanding is that she is in Beijing in China, but I can’t confirm that because I haven’t spoken directly with her.”

Simon also said in a statement that Peng’s “allegations must be investigated fully, fairly, transparently and without censorship.”

“Peng Shuai, and all women, deserve to be heard, not censored,” he said. “Her accusation about the conduct of a former Chinese leader involving a sexual assault must be treated with the utmost seriousness. In all societies, the behavior she alleges that took place needs to be investigated, not condoned or ignored. We commend Peng Shuai for her remarkable courage and strength in coming forward. Women around the world are finding their voices so injustices can be corrected.”



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

Watch the Teaser for the Final Season of Ozark Right

Watch the Teaser for the Final Season of Ozark Right Now

A Green Light at the Window for Migrants

A Green Light at the Window for Migrants